Sunday, February 12, 2006

New Shows and TV Appearance


So I recently got word that I'll be playing bass for the upcoming:

Zappa Plays Zappa tour featuring Steve Vai, Terry Bozzio, Napoleon Murphy Brock, and of course, Dweezil Zappa among others.

If you've known me for a while you know I'm a huge Frank Zappa fan, so it's a dream come true to be on this gig with some of Frank's original band members. And if you know anything about Frank's music you know it's INCREDIBLY COMPLEX and DIFFICULT to perform, certainly quite a change from Hanson. Currently there are only European dates in May and June confirmed, but a US tour is being put together as we speak. Check out Vai.com for tour dates and Zappa.com for more upcoming info.

Also, I'll be making a very brief appearance on the WB's "Related" this Monday, Feb 6th at 9/8c, playing bass in my friend and ex-bandmate Jaime Ray Newman's band. It'll probably be quick, if I didn't wind up on the cutting room floor, so don't blink. :-)

No comments: