Friday, March 23, 2007

recording


Hello Everyone,
Just a quick update to let everyone know what I've been up to. The short answer is: nothing. But recently I've been recording some tracks for a solo project of sorts. I've already gotten Jamie Kime and Joe Travers from Zappa Plays Zappa to play on some tunes, and the whole project is taking on an entirely different sound because of their contributions. With only a few days of work these tunes have gone from scratch tracks I recorded in my bedroom to full blown epics, once it's all mixed I really think it's going to be something amazing.
Coming out on May 1st is the official release of the Apostrophe/Over-Nite Sensation Classic Album Series DVD. I was able to see an early copy of it and it's really incredible. The whole series is great, they've done DVDs on Dark Side of the Moon, Who's Next, and tons of other amazing albums. The Zappa one features lots of great interviews as well as footage of Zappa Plays Zappa playing through some songs in rehearsal.
Finally I'm playing at the Baked Potato on Wednesday March 28th with Amalgatron again, it'll be a night of fusion with a serious rock edge so come on down.
And then back into rehearsals with ZPZ. I gotta start practicing.

No comments: