Saturday, December 29, 2007

What A Year!





So, if you watched us on Conan O'Brien, and you waited until the very end when Conan turns and shakes my hand, you saw the greatest moment of my life, in a year full of unbelievable moments. After another North America tour, ZPZ went down under to Australia, where we were re-joined by the ever amazing Steve Vai. Several of us stayed extra time around Sydney, and even after traveling the world with these crazy people I was still more than happy to spend my vacation time breathing underwater or climbing rainforest staircases with them.
As for 2008, we go to Japan in a few weeks, check out the ZPZ tour page for details, and then take a short hiatus. But the night before we leave, January 17th, my band Gryphon Labs will be performing at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood along with VOLTO! which features Danny Carey from Tool and John Z from my other project Amalgatron, as well as some other incredible musicians. Last time they played there it sold out, so be sure to get your tickets soon!
And finally, the Gryphon Labs debut EP is available for purchase, online or at shows. I'm really proud of the way these 6 tunes turned out, and I can't thank everyone who contributed to them enough. Download the whole EP for a buck a song below, or come to a show a pick up a CD for $7. Either way, thanks for your support, spread the word, and see you soon.

1 comment:

Steve Chase said...

Hey Pete,

We were fortunate enough to see ZPZ three times in the last year, and were able to get first or second row seats each show. We had a great time, and you guys just blew us away every show. We'll check out your bands EP as soon as I finish writing this. Thanks again, and hopefully we'll see you next year.