Monday, June 28, 2010

The Aftermath of Dweezilla

Now that Dweezilla Music Camp is over, I finally have a moment to reflect on the craziness of the past few days. None of us in the band knew what was going to happen when we began this, and I think it actually turned out far better than we could have planned. Every single person that came here showed up with an amazingly positive and open attitude, so I couldn't have asked for better students. Young and old, from near or far (Australia!) it seems everyone gained something valuable from their time here, including myself.
One of my favorite moments, aside from my classes, was directing the jam session on Tuesday night, cueing different soloists, breakdowns, and (most importantly) endings. Watching these musicians of differing levels of proficiency suddenly realize they're really playing together and creating something was quite inspiring to me.
Now it's time to climb back on the bus and get back to playing shows!

1 comment:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.