Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Road Zombie

At some point during the last few months of touring I realized I had no idea where I was, or even really where I had been. Sometimes living on the bus, especially when we have ZERO days off like we have recently, really turns you into a brainless zombie. You stumble out of your bunk, wander into the closest building that looks like a venue, (sometimes you're wrong) find some food, a shower, maybe see if there's internet to contact your loved ones, and some days you don't even find out until you walk on stage what city you are in.
Luckily, I usually come alive when we start playing for all the great Zappa fans out there. I still love performing with the guys and gal in this band, I still learn so much every night from Billy, Scheila, Jamie, Joe, Ben, and Chris. Unfortunately it looks like we won't be working again with ZPZ until summer 2011, but there's a very exciting tour being planned...and also, Dweezil's latest album is up for a Grammy, which is exciting, even if I'm not going to be receiving one since he changed the name of the band on the record.
In the meantime, I get to spend the holidays with my family, and then spend the first part of the year promoting Gryphon Labs! As you may already know, we just released our debut album Modern Mythology, and now you can purchase a physical CD copy of the album by clicking HERE.
Also, Gryphon Labs will be playing at WesFest at the Roxy on Feb 27th 2011, stay tuned for more details!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pete half the links to purchase digital copies of the your album lead to Fred Tackett offering. Raise some heck with the webmaster!