Saturday, December 16, 2006

My Fingers Hurt...

So, one week into this leg of the tour and I'm pretty exhausted from playing 5 shows in a row, 3 hours straight each night. It's a better workout than going to the gym! In Atlanta we had the honor of being joined by Denny Walley on slide guitar for "Advance Romance," and between playing with him, Terry Bozzio, and Napoleon Murphy Brock I got to pretend for a minute that I was in the band from Frank's album Bongo Fury. Dweezil made the official announcement on the ZPZ website that we will be recording a few of the shows on this tour with the intention of releasing a DVD, which excites me to no end.

In other Zappa news, the Making Of Freak Out! (MOFO) has been released, in 2 disc and 4 disc versions, and they both have incredibly interesting unreleased tracks that give some insight into Frank's mindset when he was recording that groundbreaking album. And, my name appears in the thank you section of the 4 disc version, thereby letting me say yet another sentence I never thought I would; "My name is on a Frank Zappa album!"

No comments: