Sunday, June 1, 2008

Motley Crue, the Doobie Bros., Linkin Park, and Zappa Plays Zappa...

...is not the lineup of one of the many festivals we're playing this year (although I think we might be on the same bill as Linkin Park in the Netherlands). Those are the bands that were sharing the rehearsal facility with us for the past few days, although it certainly would've made an interesting marquee.
We're getting on the bus in a few days, all giddy and excited to get back out there and especially looking forward to playing for all the festival crowds. A large part of Dweezil's vision for this band was to bring his father's music to a new audience, and what better way to do that than at a festival like Bonnaroo which had a crowd of 90,000 last year. At that particular show we play right between progressive metal band Mastodon and Icelandic ambient rockers Sigur Ros (one of my current favorite bands), and I think Zappa music certainly could appeal to fans of either of those groups. And that's just one of several fests we're playing this summer, all over North America and Europe. Not to be a name-dropper, but to be included in the same sentence as all of the bands I've listed in this post is an honor, and certainly nothing I could have ever predicted.
Be sure to check out zappaplayszappa.com for info, and look for me jumping around (my bass rig is all wireless now) on stage at a festival near you. And don't forget about GryphonLabs.org for all the updates about my band.

No comments: